Lowfalutin brand strategy for b2b and service businesses.
Your business is better than your brand. Your website makes warm leads colder. Your marketing has lost its voice. Your brand is poorly defined and no one can work with it. You need some help getting your story straight.
But you’re wary because you want to work with advisers who get you. Most of them don’t. Most of them don’t bother. I do. I don’t have a fancy framework for this, but I do have a knack.
Happy clients often remark on how I got them before I advised them.
I’m a brand strategy consultant with over thirty years of experience in advertising and digital marketing agencies.
How can I help you?
- I mostly work on brand strategy, including brand positioning, brand frameworks, brand values, messaging, storytelling, and verbal identity.
- I mostly work with founders and leaders of b2b and service businesses. The best b2b and service brands are a sincere reflection of the culture behind them. They need to be got.
- I sometimes advise on marketing strategy.
- I sometimes do training work.
- I occasionally work with agencies on advertising planning, strategy training, and pitch consultancy.
- Very occasionally I’ve been asked to write website copy by clients who thought I really got them.
These are things I’m uncommonly good at:
- Asking good questions.
- Listening. (Everyone says that, but not everyone has their ability to listen frequently remarked upon.)
- Understanding organisational culture and applying it to comms.
- Keeping things clear, simple, and precise (a lowfalutin approach.)
- Setting brands up to be charismatic.
- Brand strategy that is a joy to work with for creative people.
Experiences that give me a different perspective on brand strategy:
- I’m co-founder and executive producer of a not-for-profit documentary production company – All Hands On.
- I’m on the board of trustees of the Scottish Documentary Institute.
- I’m a past Chair of Manipulate Arts (formerly known as Puppet Animation Scotland.)
- I’m co-founder and editor of a Medium magazine dedicated to song lyrics – A Longing Look.
Some thoughts on getting your story straight.
Some thoughts on not going through the motions with brand values.