Finding your brand’s voice and getting its story straight
It’s impressive when someone clearly knows what they’re about. The same goes for brands. And that’s what I do. I help brands know and express what they’re about.
This is what I do.
- I mostly work on brand strategy, including brand positioning, messaging, storytelling, and tone of voice.
- I sometimes advise on marketing strategy.
- I mostly work with founders and leaders of b2b and service businesses.
- I occasionally work with agencies on advertising planning, strategy training, and pitch consultancy.
These are things I’m uncommonly good at.
- Asking good questions.
- Listening. (Everyone says that, but not everyone has their ability to listen frequently remarked upon.)
- Understanding and interpreting organisational culture.
- Keeping things clear, simple, and precise.
- Setting brands up to be charismatic.
- Brand strategy that is a joy to work with for creative people.
These are things that give me a different perspective
- I am co-founder and executive producer of a not-for-profit documentary production company – All Hands On.
- I am on the board of trustees of the Scottish Documentary Institute.
- I am a past Chair of Puppet Animation Scotland.
- I am co-founder and editor of a Medium magazine dedicated to song lyrics – A Longing Look.
Here are my views on how brands work.
Here’s a post about getting more than you bargain for when you hire me.